Monday, December 03, 2007

Monday Night Music and Thoughts... 12.3.07


Cold and really windy up here by the Lake,40 MPH winds and 22 degree windchill with some Snow moving through. The poor Northwest is really getting pounded with 100 MPH winds and flooding.....My son and I are hunkered down, it will be Chinese noodles,soup and garlic bread for dinner....and alot of hot coco and strong tea. Have a good night stay warm and dry.

"For it is not true that human progress is but a mighty growing pattern woven together by the tenous single threads united in a common effort." Soong Mei-ling ( Madame Chiang Kai-shek)

I love this quote....I wonder what kind of thread am I, am I strong enough, I think I am fine Purple silk....undestructible. I believe that threads connect....it is up to us to make sure they don't tear....gentle hands know how to weave....a strong fabric.

2 comments:

D.K. Raed said...

Hah! I would be a plaid thread, one that depends on crossing & weaving with others to form the plaid pattern. The plaid pattern, once formed, is a symbol of self-governance & self-sufficiency, but depends on the whole community's participation, or it falls apart.

D.K. Raed said...

ps, lovely coastal scenery in Tupelo Honey. Perfect, actually.