Thursday, October 09, 2008

To a Friend....Happy Birthday...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many years ago I made a friend....We met at a Coffee Shop in the Northwest...I was immediately aware of his humor, his wisdom, his sensitivity, and his ability to read situations. Before we ever met I watched him at the Coffee Shop how kind he was to others, the way he would offer a chair, or a better muffin, or a joke when it was needed. He taught me the value of Empathy and Listening. This week he turns 50 and he is thousands of miles away...

We have spent many hours talking....over the years....walking in the rain, sitting on my porch at all hours....making pancakes....and drinking Chai Tea...and reading ....and yes dissecting American Politics...and reviewing the Culture of America and other Places....and he has helped me learn many things about my son....and raising a boy....he helped me keep anchored when life became more than rocky...there is no way I can let him know how much richer and better he has made my life.....He has been a Gift....... In many ways he is the Brother I never had..and he knows it....I can only say Namaste....

The two songs below always remind me of him and how blessed...truly lucky I have been to have him as a friend...and that I always carry him in my heart.....and that there is always a place on my porch just for him...always...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Name"

"Iris"...especially that this song is in the Pouring Rain....


IF you were here my friend we would go sit and have tea and coffee and muffins....These two songs always came on in the car when I was driving around digging through boxes of toxic documents....I would drive home pondering the documents and the FOIAS and how the trail of paper led to our sick friends and obituaries of neighbors ...and as I write Silent Fallout I know that the lessons from those years were a gift....Namaste.

2 comments:

the walking man said...

The beauty of love is it's elasticity

enigma4ever said...

ain't it so Walking man...ain't it so...