Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday Night Musings....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is Volunteer Park in Seattle...it is a Special Spot ....A really wonderful park...has wonderful grounds to walk the dog and play frisbee and there is a beautiful GreenHouse, the Conservatory.....when you go there there are 4 different rooms , when my son was little I used to take him there, there was the Hawaii room with orchids and a koi pond....there is a Desert Room with tall Cacti....It helped me to talk my son to different places of wonder....

And then we could walk down the hill and there is a wonderful playground and wading pool...it was the first park I ever took my son to....he was days old....and then there is the Asian Art Museum....it was my son's favorite museum for years....he loved the Buddha Room....and by the Playground there is a Cemetary....When my son was four I took him there for picnics and we would do rubbings off the gravestones...that is how I taught him his alphabet....and Chinese Characters....but also the wonder of touching stone....smooth stone...engraved with messeges of love.

And when things would go wrong....or we were down...we would get a Bag of bagels and go visit the Lucky Bagel...and rub it's cool dark smooth surface....Touching it brought serenity....and hope...the Lucky Bagel taught my son the Power of Circles...

"Hold On..Hold On"...Neko Case....( she comes from the Northwest..and her songs capture the spirit of this wonderful place....)

This is the song I sang to my son for many years....now I just hum it when I clean on Sundays....Simply Red " Holding Back the Years".....funny how the years slide away so fast...

(click the title ...."Kiss from a Rose" Seal...6-6 loved this song....used to hum it all the time..)

1 comment:

the walking man said...

*sigh* It is strange how we experience the same things with similar references and how we look to them, in our past to comfort our present.

Smooth stones and conservatories. Music and headstones in the path we've walked. No one knows when we will return to them, but as long as it is in our consciousness it remains a site to visit again and again.