Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday Night Music......


*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh”
AA Milne

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"
Winnie the Pooh
( AA Milne)

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
More Winnie the Pooh to Piglet.
( AA Milne)

Kenny Loggins Explains how and why he wrote the Pooh Song......


I was cleaning out a closet today and I found my old copy of Winnie The Pooh, and I was comforted by it's pages. I treasured this book, it has traveled with me all over, from being a PEDS nurse in New England to the Puget Sound, to the California Coast.....to the beach with my son. It's pages are still filled with sand, peanut butter spots, smudged fingerprints of a small child, and much wonder. I used to always put it in my Gotta-Go-Bag and take it with me when my son and I were out and about in the summer, we would sit and eat sandwiches and drink juice and marvel at the wisdom of Pooh. Late at night he will still come to my room and say he is hungry for a "little Something" and it always reminds me of Pooh. I am so glad that we shared the gentle timeless wisdom of Pooh......

No comments: