Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday.....really beautiful songs...


*****************************************
I used to go sit at this spot with my son...we would take the Ferry to Whitbey Island from Seattle and roam the beach...and pick up shells and debris...Pirate Trash we called it...there were Ship Wrecks off Whitbey so there is some interesting debris...twisted pieces of iron and odd shaped driftwood...and then we would sit on this Log and he called it The Bench...and we would eat baloney sandwiches and Lorna Doones...except he thought they were Lorna DUNES- he thought it was so cool the Beach was in her name...that is why if we went to the Beach we had to have "Beach " cookies...just like he used to like taking Animal Crackers when we would go to the Zoo......These adventures he took them so seriously...and he treated them like we were traveling to a far off world...

Back to reality.....

I Should be cleaning...that is what I DO every Sunday...BUT...instead...I am sitting here YouTubing..so I thought I would share...some Good Sunday Music...it reminds me of going to An Island....a Far Off World....



And Jim Croce....mixed with video of the Northwest...and if you want to see what the Puget Sound is really like...

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I love it... I can surely live by the water. its so relaxing. Its nice that your son had such as imagination to think of it as a far place... I often think that as well when I go sit by the water.. I'm going to the beach this weekend in Delaware. Cant wait! :)

So it looks like you use two of your blogs currently. I'll be sure to visit both :)

Now get back to cleaning! :)

Dean Wormer said...

Beachcombing has to be the greatest method of relaxation known to man short of actually falling asleep.

Absolute bliss.

enigma4ever said...

Dean:::

you are soooo right....total bliss...heaven..

Sandy:::
I Love Delaware...Rehobeth..Dewey Beach...lovely....
if there is a beach anywhere I will find it ;-)
have to.....

yeah watergate summer is my other main blog ( okay I have a few....but these are two main ones...watergate is a little more political...) enjoy...and welcome...

the walking man said...

E4E...having passed through Whitbey Island in '75 or thereabouts it is one of the few places in the NW that I could see myself returning to. Personally I could live there far easier than that other island...Manhattan.

Smalltown RN said...

Helloooooooo my goodness I haven't been around in a long time....sorry....ah the memories of beach time with our kids....I loved those days...I actually had the pleasure of doing that with my girls at the beginning of July is was great....thanks for sharing the music...very nice...

Diane M. Roth said...

great music! thanks for visiting....

enigma4ever said...

Diane and RN ...
thanks for coming by...stop by anytime....